Friday, November 25, 2011

Mosaics.






I love learning new things. Well, particularly new creative things. I have wanted to have a go at mosaics for a long time now but have not been motivated enough to try on my own.
Rachel stayed with Lynda a few weeks ago and feel in love with all her beautiful projects. Next thing I know we have our own private lesson at home with friends. Love it.
I made a visit to our local tile shop yesterday who kindly gave me a wonderful array of discontinued and broken tiles. Garden sculptures are next.

Lynda runs a business called Hope Wares that equip widows in India to make an income for their families. They teach them to sew and provide them with Treadle sewing machines. She sells their products online. To find out more or the go shopping for Christmas use the address below.

http://hopewares.businesscatalyst.com/index.htm

2 comments:

Diane said...

One day I would love to do mosaics (with broken pottery or tiles) but right now I'll just settle for enjoying all the marvellous mosaics that others do.

Ros said...

How lovely to do it together. i would love to have a go at mosaics too - and we happen to have a few left over tiles. . maybe in the hols.
I have loved checking out your blog every day this month. You have GIVEN me alot of JOY - just seeing all the lovely creative things you have been doing and all your lovely photos of the family. Thankyou. Bless you!
Oh and thankyou for your beautiful creations you sent my way. I absolutely love the bunting - it is so beautiful. I feel like it's straight out of a magazine shoot - gorgeous!