Friday, November 4, 2011

Into the water.


First swimming lesson.
This was only organised the day before, and after discussing numerous possibilites, I said, "So tomorrow at 11am?" to which I am sure they agreed. Anyways, when we arrived they informed me that she was booked in a 10am. OH!!
Now I have one small girl busting to get in the pool and no lesson. Thankfully they suggest we wait and see if they can fit her in somewhere. So we wait and I calmly explain to Capri that Mum made a mistake and her lesson was earlier. She kindly replies "Doesn't matter" but I can tell she still presumes she will go swimming.
Thankfully one of the classes one has two boys - the class size is normally three. This class has only two for a reason. They are brothers that are a little full on. The teacher said she would see what she could do - Oh, JOY!!  I said that I had low expectations, I was truly happy for her just to get wet.
The boys are actually getting a talking to in the above photo for jumping into the water when they were meant to be sitting on the edge.
Capri took it all in her stride. It was so special to watch her composure in a new situation, with new people to met and new skills to learn.
I should also mention that Capri mentioned several times over the course of the day "Mummy made a ..stake" Yes we all make mistakes sometimes :)

No comments: