Monday, December 5, 2011

Christmas.

Don't you just love these gorgeous old images. They are from a book called The Christmas Book A Graphic Celebration. I picked it up at the Beecroft Primary School Fete - where a $1 bought a bag of books. I didn't really know what was in the bag until I got home to Armidale, and this book was like finding a big piece of opal in a pile of potch?
Having said that I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to do with the book. So far it has had one use. We added one image to our Christmas service invites. Invites to be passed out at the Markets on the morning of Sunday 18. Shall be interesting to see how many come.
So far no one but Dan and I have seen a script, song or reading. We are dealing with lots of people going away and the speed of time. Having said that I am confident that we can pull it off. Time WILL tell.
It appears that we have talked it up a bit.
The service is based loosely around the Traditional (for whom I'm not sure) 9 lessons and carols. Having witnessed a few in my time I have always wanted to re-work the concept so that it made sense to the regular non-church attending Australian. God's Story made simple and relevant with a dash of amusement thrown in. Some readings are replaced with drama (re-written by Dan), some are read, one is a monologue and one is sung. This will not be a boring evening.

Now to go ring a few people. 


No comments: