Not entirely sure why I still had this skirt in my possession. Yes it had been a favourite, bought in 1995 while working for Laura Ashley in Sydney, but it had not really fit me for a while. I have spent the last week looking for a pattern to make Bronte a dress but really struggling to find a pattern that looks right. In the mean time I thought that I would use this still lovely fabric and create the kind of thing I had been looking for. I scaled done an old pattern of my Aunt's from a size 14 to whatever smallness this girl is for the top part and just hacked of the top section to make a shorter skirt. We ended up using the waistband as a belt with her choice of vintage button. She likes it - I like it and it didn't cost a cent.
Plus it looks perfect with the cardigan Grandma recently made her. More pics later but it was 7 degrees outside.

2 comments:
Oh my goodness. This is just too clever. Bronte, you look beautiful.
Really gorgeous and suits Bronte. Love it. : )
Post a Comment