SO thankful to be home.
I woke this morning at 5am to the alarm, after being awake from 2 till 4:15am.
I left Capri in the capable hands of my niece Laura, here for a brief stay.
I was dropped at the airport at 5:55 and waited for my 6:30am flight to Sydney that finally boarded at 7am.
I stepped off the plane and onto a waiting bus that delivered me to the terminal.
I then walked to the train station and got on the first available service to Epping.
I waited a couple of seconds for my Dad at Epping Station where he handed over his car and I left him there.
I then took off towards the M2, Old Windsor Rd and Richmond.
I was busting, thirsty, running late and finding a lot of red lights.
I surprisingly arrived with some minutes to spare.
I didn't speed.
I saw my man.
I sat, I listened, I talked.
I ate lunch.
I sat, I listened, I talked.
I said goodbye.
I drove.
I picked up my Mum at Richmond shops. (she trained out there so we could talk on the journey home -nice).
I ate again, fast.
I saw Lyndall and Joel, fast.
I was dropped at Beecroft station at 5pm.
I talked to Merri and was flipped out that I was on one train to late.
I was stressed that I wouldn't make the check in time cut off.
I called Paul and stressed some more.
I ran and changed platforms and trains at Wynyard with no seconds to spare.
I ran off the train and followed some other guy that was also 'running' in the right direction.
I arrived at the check in counter, and had trouble stringing words together.
I received my boarding pass and was told to take a breath, boarding was in 20mins.
I was relieved.
I bought lollies to celebrate my few moments of extra time.
I messed up my boarding gate and did some unnecessary walking/jogging.
I arrived back at the gate I started at, and checked onto my flight.
I swore to myself that I would not cut things so fine next time.
I got back on a bus and
I got back on a plane.
I finally landed and
I was met by Bronte.
I got into Merri's car.
I arrived HOME.
So THANKFUL.
2 comments:
Phew. I feel churned up just reading this as I feel for you. Glad you arrived home safely.
Post a Comment