Normally it has been me asking Bronte if she would like to make something, and mostly she replies "no thanks Mum", and I think I had pretty much given up asking. But recently Bronte started to ask "Mum, can we make something, just you and me, a girls creative night". Now you might have thought that I would have jumped at the chance, but I didn't. I was feeling a little lazy and also a little apprehensive. Not all our creative moments have ended well, and perhaps the reason for Bronte's choice to pass, of late. We have struggled with my encouragement for her to give things a go and her insistence that I do "it" for her. Anyway we finally set aside a Friday night when Paul was working and we had a lovely time making a painty mess with these dollies. I finished both of mine before going to bed, but Bronte was still going on her first Dolly Green. I was surprised and delighted that she came back to it in full swing come Saturday morning. She completed doll no. 1 and went on to Dolly Black and White and Dolly Blue. She has since donated then to Capri and I am sure that we will be finding dolly bits for quite some time. I'm just pleased that it has been a positive creative experience.
Friday, June 4, 2010
time to create
Normally it has been me asking Bronte if she would like to make something, and mostly she replies "no thanks Mum", and I think I had pretty much given up asking. But recently Bronte started to ask "Mum, can we make something, just you and me, a girls creative night". Now you might have thought that I would have jumped at the chance, but I didn't. I was feeling a little lazy and also a little apprehensive. Not all our creative moments have ended well, and perhaps the reason for Bronte's choice to pass, of late. We have struggled with my encouragement for her to give things a go and her insistence that I do "it" for her. Anyway we finally set aside a Friday night when Paul was working and we had a lovely time making a painty mess with these dollies. I finished both of mine before going to bed, but Bronte was still going on her first Dolly Green. I was surprised and delighted that she came back to it in full swing come Saturday morning. She completed doll no. 1 and went on to Dolly Black and White and Dolly Blue. She has since donated then to Capri and I am sure that we will be finding dolly bits for quite some time. I'm just pleased that it has been a positive creative experience.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment