Monday, March 7, 2011

playschool inspired




The other day the friends on Playschool did a drawing with water colour pencils and then coloured then in - nice thought I. It was a reminder that I still had some water colour pencils and that it would be a much less messy option to painting for Capri to play. The secret is to remove the paint brush before things start blending into each other.
For me art/craft with my girls is always a bit tricky. I learnt the hard way that you have to let them do it their way, encouraging every result. I obviously pulled the perfectionist stunt (do it this way) on Bronte one time too many and she became very hesitant to try anything. Thankfully she has overcome and I am trying to do things differently. Having said that, I look up to see a nice outdoor scene (similar to what they did on Playschool) and think maybe I should have just let her loose with the pencils and then the water. Next time.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Olivia has been an experiment. I'm grateful for God's grace. : )