Monday, March 14, 2011

bit by bit.

Somethings just take a really long time to get to, like this lamp shade for instance. I was given the base from a friend of my Mum's and bought a really cheap shade from Kmart to cover. It made it's way into our family room and stayed there for several years in it's unattractive lemon state. 
My husband is standing over my shoulder now and mocking me and begins to preempt my journalling - 
"then I took some of my (crap) no scrap fabric and cut it into some strange triangle shapes, don't worry about the 3mm gaps)
I have to just love this man, it's the only thing that works.
Bronte picked up this gorgeous leaf from school for me and bought it home with her on the bus. 
I was touched. Anyone that knows Bronte, knows that she does not like to get the bus. Really does not like to get the bus!! So the fact that she could think to do such a nice thing on this day was special. 
Timber letter is now green and waiting for stage two.

No comments: