Friday, April 4, 2008

Close enough is sometimes PERFECT.

Curtains are not my favourite thing in the world to sew. They are heavy and awkward and boring BUT for the dollars saved it is worth it. I have made lots and lots of curtains, but learnt something new yesterday - my slightly too wide curtains are perfect. :)
These new curtains are for our bedroom and I had decided to make hand pleated tops with buchram rather than curtain tape. After measuring and pinning the first section I discovered that it was about 15cm to wide. I made an execitive decision that it was close enough and went ahead and made the second setion. When I went in to the store to chat about my technical difficult - they said "don't change anything, we add 10cm t0 each section for any 2m wide window". Seeing as mine is a 3m window I have created the perfect width curtains. How have a missed this info over all these years? Or did I forget and just need to learn it agian - quite possible. Curtains are now hung and they are PERFECT. Shame that I still need to take them down again to hem them in a week or so time.

Will add a photo when the hems are done.

2 comments:

Diane said...

Photo please :)

Lyndall said...

please show a pickie