It started with one of my random looks down the craft isle at the local library. The first book that I picked, being on the end of the row and entitled "Playing with books" jumped into my hands like a treasure. Yum, it looked GOOD.
It came home with me and accompanied me for a slow coffee.
Now it had been awhile since I had made anything - I had spent the last few days rediscovering my work table. But now I was ready to go.
My first project was a ball made from 20, 2in circles (thankful for a 2in circle punch) and they were cut from some very old sheet music that Lyndall gave me, some randoms and a 1960's newspaper cartoons that were found in the wall of the family room when we renovated.
The second project was these sweet flowers folded from the pages of a novel. Had to laugh when I found my Dad reading what was left of the story in the rocking chair. Had no idea we were so short of good things to read. I have added some 50's to them and will give them to Merri to use on the table at Uncle Steve and Auntie Adrienne's 5oth Wedding Anniversary tomorrow.
Mum was taken with the balls and was keen for a lesson, but imagine my surprise when my Dad pulls up a chair 30 minutes into the fun to ask "what do I have to do?" So he was given instruction and off he went at full throttle, declaring that "it won't be perfect, I just want to know that I can do it." On finishing he said "It's like stained glass, if it isn't perfect from the beginning it doesn't go together well." But may I say "if you don't look to close it's pretty darned good."
I just liked hanging out with you Dad and making something.
4 comments:
very nice
You are such a clever thing! Can I come over too and make stuff with Merri? ;)
Hey Tatty - anytime :)
Lyndall can tell you how to get here!
Seriously if you are heading north sometime and need a half way over night stop, come see us.
I love that your dad sat down with you and did some too - how nice. Mez, the paper flowers looked gorgeous at the Anniversary - thankyou
Post a Comment