
When we new that we would have a few days in Sydney while Bronte and her friends we at Drastic we locked in a day with Grandma and Granddad. Unfortunatly it ended up also being the day Dad's doctor blocked in for his surgery. So now it was a day with Grandma. We explored the gardens, had hot chocolate and coffee's in the cafe. Capri's first hot chocolate I might add, although not so HOT and she was really enjoying the moment. We then headed to Parramatta Park for lunch, which we enjoyed outside while watching Capri sleep in the car.
Grandma had lots of goodies for us this time. A large and beautiful tapestry that she bought for $40 at the village Fair, a bag full of Pooh figurine fun, a lovely pink cardigan for Capri (made by Grandma of course) a trampoline and some craft magazines.
Grandma also showed us this piece that she wrote for the village newsletter.
After my mother died, her house had to be sold and all items of furniture removed. Nobody wanted the metal storage cabinet so my husband and I decided that this would be useful in our garage. It was much heavier than we had anticipated, so we slid it down the front steps on to the lawn. We then had the quandary of how to manoeuvre it out the gate, up the street and on to the back of the trailer. Suddenly, a truck with a shipping container on the back stopped and we thought they were going to ask for directions. To our astonishment one of the three men in the cabin called out, "Would you like a hand?"
The driver who looked like Wild Bill Hickok, remained in his seat because he was double parked. However the skinny little Ethiopian and the burly Australian chap came over and lifted the cabinet and said, "Where do you want it?" We pointed to the trailer up the street and without another word they effortlessly put the cabinet on the trailer.
We tried to thank them but with a friendly wave they jumped in the truck and were on there way. The whole incident took about sixty seconds. We stood there dumbfounded.
"Did that just happen?" I asked my husband.
"I can't believe it, either" he replied.
"Perhaps we entertained angels unaware," I said, "anyway, I love their disguises."
It was a serendipitous moment I will always cherish.
Bev Harmer
No comments:
Post a Comment