Friday, May 16, 2008

Taste.com

Sometimes you need new food ideas - the child wants Macaroni Cheese and you want something a little more exciting. Taste.com is a brillant site for finding new recipes. On Tuesday night we made Spinach and Bacon Mac Cheese - Paul and Bronte loved it but.... it was not my fave.

What could become a firm favourite is a Gluten Free Apple pie that I also found during the same search. I made it on Wednesday night, and I was asking myself "why am I cooking desert on a regular week night - no one is coming ya da ya da" BUT I just wanted to try it. It was not ready to serve until 8pm but it was worth the wait - we all loved it. It had a yummy short cut pastry and I made the process a little simpler by cheating and using pie apple. It will be made again.



Free Form Apple Pie

No comments: